Pennsylvania-based Penske Truck Leasing says it has been awarded grants totaling $525,000 from the Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Review Committee for natural gas truck maintenance.
According to Penske, the grants will help offset the company's costs to modify its existing locations in Southern California and enable it to provide maintenance services on trucks with engines that run on natural gas.
Each facility, with estimated completion dates listed as follows, will receive a $75,000 grant:
- 2000 E. Wilshire Ave., Santa Ana (Q4'14);
- 2727 S. Santa Fe Ave., Vernon (Q4'14);
- 19646 S. Figueroa St., Carson (2015);
- 14228 Slover Ave., Fontana (2015);
- 15050 Northam Rd., La Mirada (2015);
- 2300 E. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles (2015); and
- 11200 Peoria St., Sun Valley (2015).
Penske notes it currently has more than a dozen facilities being retrofitted as part of upcoming new construction for natural gas vehicle (NGV) maintenance in select markets.