The Missouri Department of Natural Resources is accepting applications Oct. 1 through Oct. 30 for funding under the Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) and Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Trust Program.
The department matched a DERA grant with Volkswagen Trust funds, earning a bonus resulting in $750,000 of project funding for fiscal year 2020.
According to the department, projects must fall under one of the following categories:
- Diesel Engine Retrofit Technologies
- Engine Upgrades and Remanufacture Systems
- Clean Fuels and Additives
- Idle-reduction Technologies
- Aerodynamic Technologies and Verified Low Rolling Resistance Tires
- Engine Replacement
- Vehicle and Equipment Replacements
- Clean Alternative Fuel Conversion
Projects may include, but are not limited to, the following heavy-duty diesel types:
- Medium- or heavy-duty trucks
- Marine engines
- Nonroad engines, equipment or vehicles used in
- Handling of cargo (including at a port or airport)
- Energy production (including stationary generators and pumps)
More information can be found here.