Atlanta Gas Light Co. says it has nailed down agreements with the City of Atlanta and three commercial operators to open five new compressed natural gas (CNG) refueling stations in Georgia.
The proposed stations and owners include the following:
- 1120 North Ave., Atlanta (City of Atlanta)
- 128 Claire Dr., Atlanta (City of Atlanta)
- 323 Cash Memorial Blvd., Forest Park (Premier Transportation)
- 401 O'Leary Rd., Savannah (Enmark Stations Inc./Colonial Group Inc.)
- 1628 James P. Rogers Dr., Valdosta (The Langdale Co.)
Atlanta Gas Light is investing $6.5 million from its Universal Service Fund to install the CNG equipment – which the company will own – at these five sites. All site development costs, as well as any costs to maintain and operate the equipment, will be paid by the station owners and their CNG customers.
The company notes that it plans on investing an additional $5 million in CNG infrastructure over the next few years. Also, Atlanta Gas Light recently launched a lease program aimed at supporting home- and business-based, small-scale CNG fueling.