Clean Power Capital Corp. says PowerTap Hydrogen Fueling Corp., the company’s previously announced investment, is in the process of completing the third-generation design of its on-site hydrogen production and dispensing technology for the North American hydrogen vehicle market.
PowerTap says its new modular design of the units has distinct advantages over the previous two generations, as well as over other hydrogen fueling technologies.
Improvements and advantages include the following:
- The modular design allows for the station to be fully assembled and tested prior to delivery
- The design also allows for the selection of already operating sites that have suitable zoning permits for installation and operation
- Stations can go live within weeks – versus months or years
- Allows stations to be mass-produced, critical to building out a large infrastructure near term
- Bypasses city planning processes, as the stations come fully assembled and only require a pad and compressed natural gas (CNG)/renewable natural gas (RNG) feedstock brought to the site
- Less than half the size of the closest competitor
“PowerTap’s patented, on-site blue hydrogen generating fuel station technology is the right solution for today’s lack of hydrogen fueling infrastructure,” says Kelley Owen, COO of PowerTap. “PowerTap plans to roll out hydrogen fueling stations to meet the U.S.’s public hydrogen fueling station increased demand. Our new modular design will allow us to deploy our stations rapidly starting in 2021.”
To see a full list of PowerTap’s third-generation improvements and advantages, click here.