Earlier this week during the North American NGV Conference and Expo in Atlanta, industry group NGVAmerica recognized 11 organizations and individuals with the 2013 NGV Achievement Award.
The award acknowledges ‘national innovators and early adopters for their outstanding leadership, vision and innovation to advance natural gas as a vehicular fuel,’ the group says. The award is based on NGVAmerica members' nominations.
This year's recipients include the following:
- Casella Waste Systems Inc., Rutland, Vt.: NGV Advocacy & Fleet Implementation Program
- Central Freight Lines Inc., Waco, Texas: Natural Gas Fleet Deployment Program
- Dillon Transport Inc., Burr Ridge, Ill.: Natural Gas Fleet Program
- Drive Natural Gas, Washington, D.C.: ‘Add Natural Gas’ Vehicle Demonstration Program
- Fair Oaks Farms, Fair Oaks, Ind.: Renewable Natural Gas – Compressed Natural Gas Fleet & Station Program
- Monarch Beverage Co., Indianapolis: NGV Fleet & Station Program
- Ozinga Ready Mix Concrete Inc., Mokena, Ill.: NGV Fleet & Station Program
- Smith Dairy, Orville, Ohio: NGV Advocacy & Fleet-Station Implementation Program
- UPS, Atlanta: 25 Years of Exemplary NGV Industry Leadership
Additionally, Richard R. Kolodziej, president of NGVAmerica, was recognized with the Lifetime Achievement Award, and Mike Scarpino, a regional manager of the DOE's Clean Cities program, received the Outstanding NGV Advocate-Ally award.