Tampa Bay Clean Cities and Gator Ford in Seffner, Fla., are partnering together to showcase alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicle options at a National Alternative Fuel Vehicle Day Odyssey event, to be held on Thursday, April 20.
Developed in 2002 by the National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium (NAFTC), a West Virginia University program, the National Alternative Fuel Vehicle Day Odyssey is a nationwide, biennial celebration conducted to educate the public about the importance of alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles and to promote their widespread adoption.
Fleet managers, automotive technicians, industry and government officials, and the public are invited to attend the alt-fuel event, which will include the following:
- Alternative fuel vehicle (AFV) display, presentations, and giveaways;
- Special keynote presentation from Florida Energy Office Director Kelley Smith Burk;
- Insights from industry and organization leaders in clean transportation;
- Success stories from fleets using alternative fuels;
- Introduction to the Downtowner, Tampa’s free electric shuttle service; and
- Opportunity to test drive an AFV.
The free event will take place at Gator Ford’s dealership from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Photo courtesy of West Virginia University – National AFV Day Odyssey event 2014.