On Friday, seven organizations and individuals were honored at Natural Gas Vehicles for America’s (NGVAmerica) 30th Anniversary Industry Summit and Annual Meeting in Palm Springs, Calif.
NGVAmerica says the entities were honored for their contributions toward the advancement of natural gas as a transportation fuel. The annual awards are given to nominees from all stakeholder segments, including NGV industry equipment and service suppliers, policymakers, customers, and clean air or clean transportation advocates.
The 2018 NGV Achievement Award Recipients are as follows:
- Interurban Transit Partnership (The Rapid) — Natural Gas Transit Fleet Program;
- US Foods — Natural Gas Transit Fleet Program;
- South Jersey Gas — Natural Gas Fleet & Station Program;
- Paul Kerkhoven (NGVAmerica) — Lifetime Achievement Award;
- Marty Tufte (Waste Management) — Exemplary NGV Industry Leadership;
- Drew West (American Natural Gas) — NGV Horizon Award; and
- Grant Zimmerman (Amp Americas) — NGV Horizon Award.
In celebration of NGVAmerica’s 30th anniversary, the following individuals were named NGV Industry Pioneers, recognized for their decades-long achievements in the industry: Robert Bacyinski, Frank Chapel, Richard Cromwell III, Denis Ding, Michael Eaves, Ron Eickelman, Richard Kolodziej, Andrew Littlefair, Mitchell Pratt, Dennis Smith, Mark Smith, Annaloyd Thomason and Leo Thomason.
“We are genuinely proud to award these hardworking individuals and organizations for the work that they do and the communities that they serve,” says NGVAmerica’s president, Daniel Gage. “Because of their contributions, we are moving to make communities healthier with fewer emissions through the increased use of readily available natural gas as a transportation fuel.”